My purpose is derived from what author Todd Henry refers to in his book ‘Die Empty’ as Compassionate Anger
Compassionate Anger is something that you suffer with that fires you up, gets your blood boiling, or otherwise creates in you an urgency to act?
We are in the midst of a productivity crisis worldwide despite all of the advances in technology and ubiquitous access to information.
- Productivity is at an all-time low, with South Africa being listed 53rd out of 63 Countries as surveyed on the IMD World Competitiveness Ranking.
- According to the 2017 Gallup State of the Global Workplace survey, productivity levels are recorded as “having ground to a halt “?
- Only 15% of employees are engaged at work with 85% either not engaged or worse still being actively disengaged.
- This means that for every employee that is working hard and delivering your competitive advantage, you have nearly 7 employees that may as well be working for your competition.
- The worlds biggest workplace performance database, suggests that globally nearly half of our employees state that their workplace does not allow them to work productively.
My personal mission is driven primarily by the compassionate anger I feel on behalf of the overworked, undervalued professionals that have their work hampered by inefficient and ineffective workplaces that hinder what they are trying to achieve on a daily basis.
Creating workplaces that work is not difficult and if we can do that my Client’s can release the pent-up potential in their talented employees so that they can contribute positively to their organisation’s competitive advantage and our country’s economy…..we need it!
If a business’s biggest asset is its people then what can we do to ensure they can do their best work? The Workplace is where the staff and property assets come together, so the Workplace is a critical enabler of work and a facilitator or inhibitor of productivity.